新驰网 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读 > 《双语美文:发个图片,也能让人热泪盈眶》正文

双语美文:发个图片,也能让人热泪盈眶

时间:2019-10-10 07:30:39本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系214875213@qq.com admin 我要投稿

  Today

  今天

  I was asked if I am any good with phones

  有人问我,我会不会使用手机

  by an elderly man

  问我的是一位老爷爷

  as he was trying to open a picture message

  他正试图打开一个图片文件

  that his granddaughter had sent.

  图片是他的孙女发来的

  I took a look at his phone

  我看了一眼他的手机

  which was a really old Nokia.

  原来是一个款式十分古早的诺基亚

  As he didn’t have a smart phone

  由于他没有智能手机

  I told him that he wouldn’t be able to view it.

  我告诉他,他看不到这张图片

  He was gutted

  他十分沮丧

  and went on to tell me

  又告诉我

  that it was a photo of his granddaughter and her new baby

  那是他孙女的照片

  who he hadn’t seen yet

  他还没有见过小重孙

  as they live in another city.

  因为他们住在另一个城市

  So,

  于是

  I forwarded the message to my phone

  我把图片转发到我自己的手机上

  and eventually managed to open the picture.

  终于成功打开了这张图片

  He was so emotional seeing his great granddaughter for the first time

  第一次看到自己的小重孙,他百感交集

  and you could see his love for them both through his teary eyes.

  从他含着眼泪的眼睛,你可以看到他对母子两人的爱意

  The man insisted on giving me £20

  这个老人坚持要给我20元钱

  to treat my daughter to a toy

  让我给我女儿买一个玩具

  as a thank you for helping him,

  作为帮助他的答谢

  which I insisted I didn’t want,

  我坚持拒绝

  but he was having none of it.

  但他执意如此

  So, I asked him to wait there

  于是,我请他等我一下

  and I went to boots and printed the photo for him

  用一个程序为他把图片打印出来

  and ended up buying a frame for it too.

  随后又为这张照片买了一个相框

  When I returned with the framed photo,

  当我带着装裱好的照片回到他身边时

  he was so happy,

  他开心极了

  literally overwhelmed .

  简直是喜不自胜

  This just made my day to make someone so happy.

  能让他如此开心,我的这一天也十分高兴


新驰网友链、商务、投稿、客服:QQ:214875213 邮箱:214875213@qq.com

Copyright © 2011-2020 Xinchi.org .All Rights Reserved 湘ICP备13011926号

本站所有内容来源于网络用户和读者投稿,我们不确定投稿用户享有完全著作权,如果侵犯了您的权利,请联系:214875213@qq.com,我站将及时删除。

新驰网 新驰网 新驰网

回到顶部